Tuesday morning was overcast and I was able to see these Argentine Cactus blooms mid-morning. They are night blooming thus if it had been a bright sunny morning, the blossoms would have wilted.. in fact, many were all ready “gone.”
I realize that this is a bit of a distortion on mini assignment #3…
The double photos below were done in Adobe Photoshop Elements (which I already own and should be happy with) and Lightroom 2. I’m driving myself crazy evaluating applications.
Photo Above: Processed in PSE — with levels adjusted & high pass overlay for petal details. Sponge used to saturate bee and the pink part of the flower.
Photo Below: Processed in Adobe Lightroom 2. Used Preset: Tone Curve – Strong Contrast. Used brush to bring out bee in flower, but not all that successful. Actually tried about 1000 things since I don’t know what I’m doing and am just evaluating this copy. But this is what I settled on.
Below: This is my photo of “gone blossoms.” I really didn’t do anything to this photo.